So knowing this, I decided to put my two favorite things together (my love of pets and my love of baking) and develop some amazing pupcakes that are not only yummy for the furry ones but also delicious for us too!
After lots of trials and lots of Puppy taste testing, I came up with these scrumptious carrot pupcakes.
– 2 large egg
– 1/2 cup + 4 Tablespoons peanut butter
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 2/3 cup honey ( for sweetness that is safe )
– 2 cups shredded carrots ( you can add zucchini or sweet potato too or even change it to pumpkin for halloween)
– 2 cups of flour (just baking flour will do but whole wheat is best )
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 2/3 cup quick cooking oats,(I used uncle Toby’s … Just read ingredients to make sure they are all safe for your furry friend)
– Extra peanut butter for frosting
-doggie bones ( remove these if you are going to have a bite though!)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place all your mini cupcakes cases on a tray (I used the cardboard mini cupcakes holders so that the dogs couldn’t eat them as easily as paper, and they stood up a lot better on the tray).
3. Then mix the eggs, peanut butter, oil, honey, and shredded carrots (or veggies) in a large bowl. (I did mine using kitchenaid to make it faster, and less muscle strength!). Then, in another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and oats.
4. Once you have done both of these mixtures, add the mixtures together and stir (on a very low level if using anything other that your hands and a wooden spoon) until all ingredients are all mixed together.
5. Divide the mixture evenly among prepared cupcake liners (I filled them halfway).
6. Bake them for 15-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them and insert a toothpick in the center and see if it comes out with a few crumbs (to prevent over cooking) on it. If so, it’s perfect and the tops are slightly golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
8. Once fully cooled, take some peanut butter and place it in a piping bag.
9. Pipe all the cute pupcakes with the peanut butter frosting ( Or in my case as I am hopeless, get your neat and perfectionist sister to do it for you ….she is amazing ! )
10. Then place a bone biscuit on top and … Voila ! The perfect PAWTY pupcakes !
Ready for an appointment?
Our team is here to answer your questions and get an appointment scheduled for you.