Our Puppy Pre School programs are now being held online using Zoom until it is safe to resume holding them at our hospital. Thank you for understanding!
We offer puppy preschool classes that are conducted by Kimbra Doran – an accredited Delta dog trainer with Working With Woofers.
She uses positive training methods to coach you and your dog life skills required to build a strong and lifelong bond together.
At our clinic, we vaccinate at 8, 10, 12, and 16 weeks of age using the most efficient vaccines so that puppies can go out by 11 weeks old and start puppy preschool slightly earlier before being fully vaccinated by 16 weeks. This is strictly dependent on what vaccines your puppy has had and when. Please call us at (02) 8484 2020 to enquire.
Our classes will be held using the ZOOM app and will run for one hour. All you will need to is download the free ZOOM app from the app store and you will be given a link and password to enter our virtual classroom all from the safety of your own home. You will still be able to see and interact with your instructor and classmates
There will be a max of six pups per group (same number as our normal classes) and you will receive the same ongoing support that we have always offered by phone and email.
Our normal group classes will resume as soon as restrictions are lifted due to COVID-19 You will learn exactly the same things either way. Of course, the benefit of our normal group classes that are held at the clinic is the socialisation aspect. However, we will discuss how you can safely socialise your pup atm as it is a vital part of a young pup’s development.
Our classes are usually held at our hospital but we will be using Zoom for virtual classrooms for the time being.
Puppy classes are held on Sundays afternoons.
This depends on the program you book into.
$199 / 5-week program with the option of buying our gorgeous graduation cloak and hat for an extra $30 including postage.
What you'll learn:
- How to toilet train your puppy,
- How to teach them not to play bite and mouth on you or others,
- About the importance of early socialization,
- About enriching their environment so they don’t chew on your furniture,
- How to use hand signals, improve your timing and presence when you train,
- How to settle your puppy,
- How to teach your puppy to walk on a loose lead,
- How to handle your puppy,
- Strategies to manage and modify normal doggy behaviours like jumping, digging and barking,
- How to be a good, clear and consistent leader who has realistic expectations.
We offer puppy preschool classes that are conducted by Kimbra Doran – an accredited Delta dog trainer. She uses positive training methods to coach you and your dog life skills required to build a strong and lifelong bond together.
Each package consists of 5 classes that are held on the weekends and each class lasts for one hour. At the end of the 5th class, there will be puppy graduation!
Your puppy will learn:
- Valuable social skills
- How to give attention
- To sit, lie down and stand
- To come when called
- How to walk on a loose lead – with practise
- To sit to greet people instead of jumping on them
- Give or Drop items
- To accept being handled
- How to settle
- To leave things alone when requested
- Some tricks for fun