George’s Jolly Coconut Christmas Cookies
It’s 2 days before Christmas which means celebrations, parties, families and a lot of busy weeks and weekends. More importantly than that, of course, it means special Christmas treats for my boys. That’s why this week I’ve got a very special recipe inspired by George’s favourite Christmas treats- a Coconut Christmas Cookie.
Ingredients (for 10 medium-sized cookies)
-2 cups of flour
-1/2 cup of oats
-1/2 cup of shredded coconut
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1 cup of creamy peanut butter
-1 cup of lactose-free milk
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-1 tablespoon of pureed apples or apple sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Mix the peanut butter, milk, olive oil and apples in a large bowl (or a Magimix if you like the simple life!). In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, shredded coconut and baking powder.
3. Once your wet and dry ingredients are ready to go, add the mixtures together and stir them (or mix them on a low level). They’re ready when the mixture reaches a doughy texture.
4.Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it into a large ball. On wax paper, roll the dough out until it’s about 1.5cm thick.
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut some shapes from the dough and place them on a tray (keeping them nicely spaced apart to stop them combining when you cook them).
6. Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes or until they reach a golden brown colour.
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wire tray.
8. You can always use royal icing to decorate the cookies but I prefer not to- It’s a little too much sugar for my boys! If you really want some icing, you can order pet safe icing sugar from K9 Bakery in the United States (they even ship internationally).
9. Voila! Place your cookies in an airtight container for the perfect Christmas cookie treat!
Ready for an appointment?
Our team is here to answer your questions and get an appointment scheduled for you.