*That’s right, this recipe is friendly for the whole family- human grade food for our furry friends.*
-2 cups of water
-¼ cup of apple sauce (just make that the ingredients are safe for pets)
-¼ tsp of vanilla extract
-1 large egg
-5 tbsp of honey
-4 cups of whole wheat flour
-1 tbsp of baking powder
-1 cup of chopped or grated apples (about 1 medium apple)- I used a pink lady.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Take a large mixing bowl and place the water, the apple sauce, vanilla, egg and honey inside. Mix the ingredients together with a whisk.
2. Combine the whole wheat flour, and the baking powder together and then stir them into wet ingredients.
3. Once all ingredients are mixed together, fold in the chopped apples.
4. Take the mixture and spoon it into greased muffin tins or into cupcake linings.
5. Place the cupcakes into the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown, then take them out and them cool.
6. Once cool you can melt some yogurt drops and drizzle them on top for a pet friendly icing.
7. And Voila, the perfect apple cupcakes.
xx The almost pawfect parent