Hi everyone, for those of you who don’t know about me yet I’d like to introduce myself and tell you my story…

I’m a 6 month old male tabby kitten that has always been a bit on the adventurous side! A few weeks ago my life changed suddenly when something very bad happened to me, I can’t remember all the details exactly but most people think I fell off my previous owner’s balcony. Now I know what you’re thinking, how can a small little cat like me fall 7 stories & survive, well too be honest with you, I don’t really know either! What I do know though is that I wouldn’t have made it without the help of 3 lovely ladies. All I remember straight after my accident is the excruciating pain and that I couldn’t move. I thought I was on my way to kitty heaven, for sure! There was no way I was going to survive, I mean how could I when 7 stories is such a long way to fall!

I don’t know how long I was laying on that pavement unable to move, minutes, hours or maybe days I’m not sure. I could feel the flies on my mouth but I was too weak to get them off me. I was starting to accept my fate until a kind man picked me up & put me in a basket, I could hear him talking on the phone saying “I’ve found a cat, I think it fell off a balcony and there is blood everywhere can I bring it to your vet clinic?” I think I passed out after that, the pain was just too much to bear but something in me felt like I had to keep fighting to stay alive. I could just make out the sound of other voices, these ones were new so I was curious & wanted to see who they were. I could barely open my eyes but I could just make out that it was 2 women, one was holding me gently and suddenly the other shrieked “it has maggots in its mouth, shame!” So that’s what that funny feeling was in my mouth, I was too weak to take much notice of it but I could feel something wriggling & moving in my mouth so then I knew why! This is a photo of me when I first arrived:

When I first arrived, too weak to even lift my head

After that I felt a slight pinch but it didn’t hurt nearly as much as the rest of me. I heard one of the girls say “there you go little one, hopefully the pain relief medication helps you feel a bit better”. They were right it did help but before I could fully enjoy the effects, I heard the other lady say “lets put him on fluids, clean him up & get rid of the maggots, hopefully we can save him”. I felt another pinch and wanted to protest but I didn’t have enough strength in me so I just let them do it. I don’t remember much after that except that the pain started to go away but I was still so tired so I slept in a nice warm bed until I awoke the next morning. I didn’t know where I was but the next day I could hear another lady answer the phone while she came to check on me, she said “welcome to my vet animal hospital”. Little did I know at the time that this would become my new temporary home over the next few weeks while I got better.

I later found out that they tried to contact my owner but unfortunately they couldn’t because I wasn’t micro-chipped. One of the ladies put up posters near where I used to live and a few hours later my owner was found. Sadly though he was unable to pay for my treatment so he surrendered me. I vaguely remember him crying as he said goodbye to me & being scared because I didn’t know what was going to happen to me. Who was going to pay for my treatment if I no longer had an owner?! I didn’t want them to stop my pain relief medication because it was just starting to make me feel better. Lucky for me they kept caring for me & I got a little stronger every day!

My mouth & leg were too badly damaged to heal by themselves so the following week I had 2 surgeries, the first was to repair the top part of my mouth, I heard the girls call it a hard palate which was cracked then the next day was the big surgery to fix my broken leg! I was operated on by a specialist orthopedic surgeon, I was very lucky that the girls were able to raise lots of money to pay for my surgeries & treatments because it’s very expensive! They told me that lots of people donated money to help me so I’d like to thank everyone that did!

Here are some photos of my surgical journey:

Before surgery – x-ray shows my broken femur

Orthopaedic surgery to repair my broken leg

After surgery waking up, I have 7 screws!

High on life after surgery yay for pain relief medication!

Now it’s been over a week since my last surgery & I’m doing well! I plan to make the most of my remaining 7 lives because let’s face it, I probably went through 2 of them with that accident! Now I’m slowly starting to walk & use my leg again & I get very spoilt by the girls at My Vet Animal Hospital, they give me cuddles & I even get to sleep in Chu’s bed! Well I don’t think he approves but hey he loves me so it’s ok. I heard the girls say that I will be ready for a new home in about 6 weeks after they re-xray my leg to make sure it has healed well. The girls also said they will make sure I find a good new family, so I’m looking forward to that but in the mean time I’ll continue to enjoy the time

I spend with them! After all if it weren’t for  them and all the generous people that donated to help me, I probably wouldn’t be alive today so from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you all! You can visit me at the clinic for cuddles so I can return the love!

Sending you & all the other furbabies lots of love from me & the team at My Vet Animal Hospital – stay pawesome!


Ready for an appointment?

Our team is here to answer your questions and get an appointment scheduled for you.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This