Step by Step Guide:
- Hold the pill in your right hand
- Using your left hand, hold just in between where the cheeks are
- Tilt the head all the way up. Make sure the nose is pointing to the ceiling – this will help the jaw to open
- Put the tablet all the way in the mouth
- If needed, a few squirts of water can really help the dog to swallow
Welcome to My Vet Animal Hospital How-To videos. My name is Dr. Cherlene Lee. Today I will be showing you how to give a tablet to your dog.
I’ve got the tablet in my right hand because I’m right handed. So, pretty much… using your left hand just open his mouth, all the way down – you want to put the tablet all the way back there then close it. Close their mouth a little bit, and if you need just syringe a little bit of water inside. And that’s it!