My Vet Animal Hospital is proud to be an Accredited COVID-Safe Hospital.
Ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and community is our top priority!
As you are aware, the NSW government has just announced that the lockdown will be extended as more cases have been confirmed. We will remain open as veterinary care is deemed an essential service but with additional measures to keep our staff and clients safe.
- No clients will be allowed into our vet hospital. Please wait outside and practice social distancing at all times.
- Please ring the doorbell when you arrive and a staff member will collect your furbaby.
- After this, your vet will phone you to carry out the consult over the phone.
- All consultations will be limited to 1 client to prevent overcrowding outside our vet hospital.
- Masks must be worn at all times, we urge you to bring your own.
We understand that this can be confusing and stressful. Consults will also take longer than usual. Please be mindful of this when making your appointments and remember that we are always doing everything that we can to keep appointments running smoothly and efficiently for you.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We will endeavour to update you with future changes. Stay safe and be kind to each other.
These are the types of consults we are currently offering:
Contact-Free Consults - Drop & Chill
Secure your furbaby in our Drop zone (directly outside our vet hospital) and we will direct you to our Chill Zone. A staff member will collect your furbaby and conduct the consult while you watch through the glass window! Once finished, we will place your furbaby back in the Drop zone including any medications and Viola!
For those in self-isolation/ someone in your house is in quarantine with Covid-19 or at most risk due to serious illness, we now offer telemedicine. Please note that in some circumstances, your vet may require your furbaby to visit our hospital for further diagnostic and treatments. If this is the case, our Drop & Chill protocol will follow.
Our telemedicine is $69 per consult and if your furbaby does need a further physical examination by your vet, you only need to pay the difference of $20 (normal consult fee of $89)!
We will call you via Facetime or Whatsapp during your scheduled appointment time and conduct the consult as normal. Payment will be processed over the phone at the end of your consultation, so please have this ready. Any medications dispensed can be readily picked up from our vet hospital.
*Telemedicine is only available to existing clients*
New Safety Measures
• Although we sanitise surfaces after every patient consult, we will be increasing the frequency and intensity of our cleaning efforts of all commonly touched surfaces including seating, doors and waiting area.
• Placing sanitisation stations at convenient locations including the waiting area and every consult room.
• Actively encouraging the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures (social distancing) throughout the hospital.
• Requiring all service providers to confirm they have not travelled overseas or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
2. Together we can help stop the spread and stay healthy
We want you to feel safe when you visit us and to remember the important role you play in our defense against the spread of COVID-19 by following the practical guidance of the Department of Health:
• Stay home if you are sick or are at higher risk.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, lathering the backs of your hands, between your fingers, fingertips and under your nails for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based sanitiser if you can’t wash your hands.
• Avoid touching your face including eyes, nose and mouth.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm, when coughing or sneezing.
For additional information please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/
Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions at all in regards to our new COVID-19 policies.
Stay safe and healthy!