My Vet Animal Hospital is proud to be an Accredited COVID-Safe Hospital.
Here’s What Sets Us Apart
Our staff wears masks and all clients that enter are required to wear a mask (if you don’t have one, we will provide one).
Temperature Checks & Sanitisation
Our staff have their temperature checked before each shift. Clients will have their temperature checked and hands sanitised before entry.
Only one client is allowed per consult to ensure that social distancing is practiced. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
3 Types of Consults
Different types of consult to suit the client’s needs. 1. Face to face, 2. Drop and Chill, 3. Telemedicine. Learn more about these consults below.
Ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and community is our top priority!
My Vet is doing everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19 with THREE different consult options including:
Face to Face Consults
There will be a limit of 1 client per patient that will be allowed into the consult room. Strict social distancing rules and hygiene will be imposed at all times to ensure the health and safety of our staff and clients.
Contact-Free Consults - Drop & Chill
These consults are for our vulnerable community members. Please notify our staff when booking that this is the option that you prefer to allow for extra time.
Secure your furbaby in our Drop zone (directly outside our vet hospital) and we will direct you to our Chill Zone. A staff member will collect your furbaby and conduct the consult while you watch through the glass window! Once finished, we will place your furbaby back in the Drop zone including any medications and Viola!Our Drop & Chill consults are the same price as a normal consult ($89).
For those in self-isolation/ someone in your house is in quarantine with Covid-19 or at most risk due to serious illness, we now offer telemedicine. Please note that in some circumstances, your vet may require your furbaby to visit our hospital for further diagnostic and treatments. If this is the case, our Drop & Chill protocol will follow.
Our telemedicine is $69 per consult and if your furbaby does need a further physical examination by your vet, you only need to pay the difference of $20 (normal consult fee of $89)!
We will call you via Facetime or Whatsapp during your scheduled appointment time and conduct the consult as normal. Payment will be processed over the phone at the end of your consultation, so please have this ready. Any medications dispensed can be readily picked up from our vet hospital.
*Telemedicine is only available to existing clients*
New Safety Measures
• Although we sanitise surfaces after every patient consult, we will be increasing the frequency and intensity of our cleaning efforts of all commonly touched surfaces including seating, doors and waiting area.
• Placing sanitisation stations at convenient locations including the waiting area and every consult room.
• Actively encouraging the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures (social distancing) throughout the hospital.
• Requiring all service providers to confirm they have not travelled overseas or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
2. Together we can help stop the spread and stay healthy
We want you to feel safe when you visit us and to remember the important role you play in our defense against the spread of COVID-19 by following the practical guidance of the Department of Health:
• Stay home if you are sick or are at higher risk.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, lathering the backs of your hands, between your fingers, fingertips and under your nails for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based sanitiser if you can’t wash your hands.
• Avoid touching your face including eyes, nose and mouth.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm, when coughing or sneezing.
For additional information please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/
Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions at all in regards to our new COVID-19 policies.
Stay safe and healthy!