Agility is mentally stimulating and great exercise for both parties. You will have lots of laughs as well! We will video the sessions and give feedback on how to improve your teamwork and technique.
Dogs need to be 6 months of age or over to enrol. Breed, age and mobility will be taken into account for each individual. Our jumps are set on low for growing and ageing bones.
We offer three levels:
- Level 1– An introduction to Agility for those who have not tried it before.
- Level 2– For those who have completed Level 1 or have some prior Agility experience.
- Level 3– For those who have completed Level 2 or have prior Agility experience.
Requirements: Your dog will need to have some sort of STAY and RECALL. If you don’t have these cues you can do a one on one consultation prior to starting the course.
- Classes are totally WEATHER DEPENDANT. If it’s raining or too hot the class will be rescheduled. If this is the case we will advise 2 hrs prior to you class start time.
- If you are unable to make a class for some reason please give us as much notice as possible. You will be put onto our “make up class waitlist” and will be advised when you can jump in when someone else can’t make it.
- Appropriate footwear and clothing is a must. No thongs or heels. You will be moving so you need wear running shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Everyone needs to arrive 15 mins prior to their class beginning to help set up the course and stay back 15mins later to help pack it away except when there is a class before or after you.
- Payment needs to be made to the staff at My Vet Animal Hospital in Waterloo. It can be done over the phone by CC (ph – 8484 2020) or by popping into the clinic and paying in person prior to your program beginning so we can hold your spot.
- We will meet at the clinic which is at 6/965 Bourke street around the back of the building.
- Parking can be a little tricky at times so allow yourself and extra few minutes.
- There are four dogs max per group
- Dogs need to stay on leash unless it is their turn or you are otherwise advised.
- We need to keep barking to a minimum as our course is set up near a residential area.
- We also need to pick up after our dogs and make sure we clean up after ourselves before we vacate the area.
Benefits of the program:
- It helps build a dogs confidence
- Is mentally stimulating
- Improves your teamwork
- Is great exercise for both parties
- Provides lots and lots of laughs
- The dogs absolutely love it!