Get your running shoes on and come down and have some serious fun with your dog!
Our “Zoom Zoom” classes are an introduction to agility training. These classes are perfect for any pup regardless of their experience.
Why do we love agility? Not only is it mentally stimulating and great exercise, it’s a great bonding experience for you and your furbaby! We not only focus on technique, we focus on the teamwork of both paw-rent and furbaby!
Benefits of the program:
- It helps build a dog’s confidence
- Is mentally stimulating
- Improves your teamwork
- Is great exercise for both parties
- The dogs absolutely love it!
We offer three levels:
- Level 1– An introduction to agility for beginners
- Level 2– For those who have completed Level 1 or have some prior Agility experience.
- Level 3– For those who have completed Level 2 or have prior Agility experience.
Requirements: Your furbaby must be at least 6 months of age to enroll. We customise the course to your furbaby’s mobility and breed, so it stays fun for everyone. Your dog will need to respond to cues; if you’re unsure, a one-on-one consultation may be beneficial prior to starting the course. This can be organized through Working with Woofers.
- Classes are weather-dependent. For the safety and comfort of you and your furbaby, if it is raining or if it is too hot the class will be rescheduled. If this is the case we will advise you 2 hours prior before the class is anticipated to start.
- If you are unable to make a class, please give us as much notice as possible. You will be put on our waitlist and will be advised when you can jump in.
- Appropriate footwear and clothing are a must. You will be moving a lot, so running shoes and comfortable clothing are required.
- Everyone needs to arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning of their class to help set up the course and stay back for 15 minutes after. We will notify you of any exceptions.
- Payment needs to be made to the staff at My Vet Animal Hospital in Waterloo. It can be done over the phone or by popping into the clinic and paying in-person prior to your program beginning, so we can hold your spot.
- We will meet at My Vet Animal Hospital at 6/965 Bourke Street, Waterloo NSW 2017, around the back of the building.
- There is underground private parking but you will need a code to enter. Please ask the trainer if you need the code.
- Each group can only accommodate a maximum of four dogs.
- Dogs need to stay on leash unless it is their turn or if otherwise advised.
- We need to keep barking to a minimum as our course is set up near a residential area.
- We also need to pick up after our dogs and make sure we clean up after ourselves before we vacate the area.
Please note that our classes are not at competition level. We will teach you the basic techniques for you and your dog to have fun. If you find that you want to pursue the sport more seriously we can point you in the right direction.
Week 1, Sunday 14th Oct – 2.45 – 3.45 pm
Week 2, Sunday 21st Oct – 12.45 – 1.45 pm
Week 3, Sunday 28th Oct – 1.15 – 2:15 pm
Week 4, Sunday 4th Nov – 1:15 – 2:30 pm
Week 1, Sunday 30th Sep – 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Week 2, Sunday 7th Sep – 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Week 3, Sunday 14th Oct – 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Week 4, Sunday 21st Oct – 1:00 – 2:15 pm